Member of the Board
YEAR OF BIRTH
- B.Eng. (hons) in Energy Engineering, 1990
- Advanced Management Program, Harvard Business School, 2006
ON THE BOARD SINCE
- 2016-2021 Chief Executive Officer, Renewable Energy Systems (RES) Ltd
- 2017-2019 Chairman, WindEurope
- 2008-2015 Chief Executive Officer, Hyder Consulting PLC
- 2003-2008 Executive Board Director and Group Managing Director, WS Atkins PLC
- 2000-2003 Managing Director, WS Atkins PLC
- 1995-2000 Business Manager, Scottish Power PLC
- 1990-1995 Engineer, Babtie Group Consulting Engineers
OTHER BOARD MEMBERSHIPS
- Chief Executive Officer, Renewable Energy Systems Ltd (2016-2021)
- Advisor, The Renewables Infrastructure Group – TRIG (2016-2021)
- Chairman, WindEurope (2017-2019)
- Chief Executive Officer, Hyder Consulting PLC (2008-2015)
- Executive Board Director, WS Atkins PLC (2003-2008)
- Board Director, TS4i, a joint venture between WS Atkins and the Royal Banks of Scotland (2001-2003)
- Creation and implementation of successful strategies.
- Strong understanding of corporate governance from working on and with the boards of listed and private companies.
- Clear understanding of the engineering and design consultancy business model, including the successful operation of remote design centres.
- Financial and risk management experience, having been the CEO of companies with consulting, development, construction and support services operations.
- Strong track record in growing shareholder value.
- Significant international experience, including Asia, Australia, Northern and Southern Europe, the Middle East and North America (the USA and Canada).
- Experience in sales, marketing and branding; including the implementation of key account management.
- Experience in organisational design and the use of appropriate key performance indicators to drive operational excellence.
- A strong believer in the power of the vision, values and mission of the company to engage employees and increase both their buy-in and retention.
- Experience of joint ventures, alliances and mergers and acquisition.
CONSIDERED INDEPENDENT OF COWI?: